Thursday, 19 June 2014

SALVATION BY DEATH

            As the rays reflected from the shiny surface of the blade hits my face, I look at the knife for the last time and taking a deep breath, I start walking towards the man standing in front of the grocery store. I stand right behind him and tao on his back. He slowly turns his head and looks at the unfamiliar face and says, "Yes, how can I..... " I stopped him there and thrusting my blade into his soft skin, I say, "I'm sorry. " I know that right now he is probably wondering, "Why? ". Believe me his eyes speaks so. Then pulling out the blade, I draw him close to me and I whisper into his ears, "Do you really want to die remembering my face. Close your eyes. Try to remember the ones you love and yes, Bon voyage. " I truly mean every word of that. I know that in my heart. Then he closes his eyes, breathes his last breath upon my face and the last warm that he is left with slowly vanishes. Releasing his body from my arms, I say, "and thus I claim my road to salvation. "
                              
            I see some people staring at me with awe. It's early in the morning. There isn't many. But I see people slowly gathering. This isn't surprising at all. I know I would see this. The look they have is nothing out of the ordinary. I knew I would see this look. I know what's coming. I truly never intended to do this in secret. I don't have any enmity with this person. Actually, it's a pity that it was this person. He must have had kids, whom I orphaned. Parents who would, in the next few hours, curse me more than anyone has in my entire life. To say truly it would have been no less pitier in any other case. But why pity. This death isn't for them. It's for me. I have done this for me.                    
           By now I see them whispering. What are they talking? What are they thinking? Are they thinking that it could have been them. I wonder. Yes it could have been them too. I never planned who to kill, or where to kill. I just knew I had to. But surely I know that's not at all what they are thinking right now. They are too afraid to think so. Are they angry? No, ofcourse not. Fear is way too overpowering, even more than anger. Now I see some familiar faces. I know what these people are thinking for the last few minutes. " Why?". 
      
            I turn my eyes towards the crimson dagger. I can almost smell it wreaking. It's tickling my nerves. Filing it with terror. Yet, I'm calm. Suddenly, I remember the dagger from the play Macbeth. It put a short but pure smile on my face. I see the blood trickling down the dagger and falling on the man's face.
        
           "Who is he! ", I exclaimed. "My gosh! " No I'm not feeling sorry. I am just thinking, I really don't know him. Who is he? Who is he?

           
            Ah! I can finally hear the sweet siren of salvation drawing near. I see the people slowly clearing the road, as men clad in suits come marching towards me with arms. I take a mere glance at them. Put a broad smile on my face as I closed my eyes, throw the dagger, raise my hands, as if I'm embracing heaven itself and shout in my loudest voice, "Come my brothers, come. Take me to my chariot. "

No comments:

Post a Comment